Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Weight Loss Goals/Update



Yesterday I took another step in my re-commitment to weight loss.  I started a 90 day challenge called the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge.  Check out the website or facebook page. I have thought about starting this challenge for a few weeks now, but have quickly become discouraged, as I have started this challenge before, but never completed it.  My original plan was to start it when school started, but then I thought, why wait?  Why not start it now, and get on a good schedule again BEFORE school starts?  Then I can start school and be on a great schedule right away!

So I want to encourage you to stop putting off whatever it is that you could be doing to become a healthier version of yourself!  Why wait?  Don't look back 30 days from now and regret not starting today.  Think of how far you could go in the next 30 days!

My plan:
~ 80/20 healthy eating plan (whole healthy food 80% of the time, small indulgences 20% of the time)
~ Use My Fitness Pal to keep track of food, water, exercise, weight, and measurements (Username: amunson123)
~ Follow Bikini Body Mommy Challenge
~ Continue with gym membership

My SMART goal I made a few weeks ago:
I will lose 20 pounds by Christmas by working out 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes and keeping within my calorie limit and eating completely whole, nutritious foods at least 5 days a week.

SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound.  I would really encourage you to read more into exactly what SMART goals are, and make a SMART goal yourself!  Maybe I will have to do a whole post on them myself!

Tips for starting your own weight loss journey:
1. Make goals ~ What do you want?
2. Plan ~ How are you going to get there?
3. Keep track ~ How are you doing on your goals? (pictures, weight, measurements)
4. Small steps ~ Take small steps as this is a lifestyle change, and you want it to last!
5. Accountability Partner ~ Who is going to keep you on track?  Who can you go to for encouragement, motivation, or help?

Who is ready to commit with me!?


No comments:

Post a Comment